Sunday, July 17, 2011

Baking/ Cooking Marathon.

So basically this post will be about what I did during the second week of my holidays. :P
P/S: This is a late update because I spilled water on my keyboard... And I need to change a new one. orz.


29th June 2011: Udon
:/ It was a big failure, I used wheat flour, salt and water, according to some recipe that I found from the internet. Well, I guess we do need kan-sui or alkaline salt for noodle.
Recipe: How to make Udon Noodles.... - -|||


Pour salt water into the sifted flour :] Then mix it until a dough is formed. Knead it.

Leave the dough for few hours. (I left it for about 2 ~ 3 hours) Then flatten it.


Time to cut it! 


Well, as you can see... I'm not really good in cutting things, so the shape is not the same, and it's too thick.. What's next? Cook the noodles!

30th June 2011: Dinner rolls + Green Onion Pancakes (Chinese style)
The dinner rolls were okay... Surprisingly my mom liked them :D But sadly I didn't really enjoy them because one of my wisdom tooth was growing. It wasn't that painful, but when I chew on something I feel really wierd. Okay, enough of my wisdom tooth! For the green onion pancakes, I made a plain one, specially for my eldest brother (he doesn't like green onions). He commented, it tasted like roti canai. LOL.
Recipe:  Green Onion Pancake! :D


Flour, yeast,salt, sugar and butter :D


Add egg and milk. :3


Mix, knead, and let it proof!


Half an hour later :D


Shape it :3 and let it proof for another 10 minutes. Then bake it :3


The texture :O


My friend, I Lin said, looks like Tau Sar Piah. So Shiny. *laughs* 


The dough and the Green Onion :D


A bit burnt ;O


Plain one and the texture :P


1st of July 2011: Green Onion Pancakes (Korean Style) + Mocktail: Sunrise or Sunset? 
Since I still have some leftovers of the green onions, I decided to make more pancakes! :3 Korean style pancakes, or you can call it Pajeon :D It tasted quite good (I LOVE FLOUR :D), was quite satisfied with the end product :D As for the mocktail, I was trying out some new recipe because I'm the bartender for my next service class :D...
Recipe: Korean Scalion/ Green Onion Pancake! :D
Flour + egg + water + green onions + salt and pepper :D

Plain ones!

So oily :O

Om nom nom nom nom! :D


Sunrise or Sunset in Purple coca-cola glass. :)

In a highball glass. This drink consists of mango, pineapple and orange juice, topped with 7up and Ribena. The red layer supposed to be at the base but since I bought the ready-to-serve form of Ribena I decided to mix it with sprite to make it float better :D (The red layer is still too little :| )

Mini version! :D


2nd July 2011: Raisin Butter Cake
This is my second attempt on the same recipe :D My mom was complaining that the raisins were too little, so this time I added more :D
Recipe: Raisin Butter Cake! :D


Butter + sugar!

Mix it (sugar not yet dissolve)

Add in the eggs one by one and mix till creamy :D

:3

Fold in the flour mixture (flour + salt + baking powder)...

Put in the raisins (premixed with flour)

Transfer contents to a baking pan and bakeee! :D

A bit burnt...? Hmmmmm....

Chocolate cake? :O

:P raisins.


3rd July 2011: BREAD! :D
Tried baking bread again since I still have some bread flour... I didn't take many photos because I thought that this thing will fail badly (The dough was super sticky no matter how much flour I added in) I added in extra 
few tablespoons of flour hence the bread was a bit... uhm... starchy? :/ The smells good though, LOL.


The texture :)

A bit burnt, but still acceptable (for me) :X

Mini loaf!

The crust!

Burnt.... Not acceptable.. - -||||
That's all! :D
BYE!


XOXO
With lots of 

No comments:

Post a Comment